Award season isn’t over just yet! Delta Xi Phi Multicultural Sorority Inc. is devoted to recognizing our members, chapters, and advisors for their passion and commitment to our organization.
Award applications must be received by June 1, 2017 for consideration.
Winners will be announced in August 2017.
All applications and further details are available on the Sister Portal!
Chapter awards, such as Chapter of the Year and Chapter Pillar awards, will be awarded based on the chapter assessments submitted December 2016 & at the end of the 2016-17 academic year. We encourage you to reach out to your respective Regional Advisor with questions.
Members of Delta Xi Phi may nominate themselves or others for the following individual awards:
- Brandy Nicole “Nikki” Murphy Scholarship – This scholarship honors the memory of our beloved sister, Nikki, who was devoted to the Delta Xi Phi sisterhood and touched all of our hearts nationwide through her work ethic, ready smile and positive attitude. The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who best represents a well-rounded student that excels in academics as well as other activities on campus in addition to Delta Xi Phi. Open to active AND alumnae members who are full time students.
- Collegiate Member of the Year: This award is presented to an active sister who has been integral to the success of her chapter and embodies the spirit of Delta Xi Phi. She offers support and takes action wherever she is needed. This woman is the embodiment of our organization and has shown excellence in her commitment to the pillars, values, and advancement of Delta Xi Phi. Limited to active sisters.
- Alumnae Member of the Year: This sister goes above and beyond to embody our pillars every day. This alumna has contributed greatly to a local chapter, region or the national sorority. She is someone who exemplifies what it means to show lifelong commitment to our values in post-collegiate life. Limited to alumnae members.
- Excellence in Community Service Award This award is given to a sister who takes the commitment to community service to another level. This sister has dedicated time and effort to many local events, devotes herself to local and national philanthropies and champions the same dedication in her sisters and community. Presented to one active member AND one alumnae member annually.
- Academic Excellence Award – The Academic Excellence Award is designed to recognize a member that has excelled academically and promoted the success of her fellow sisters. The selected individual will demonstrate academic excellence through their GPAs, implementation of academic programming and support & excellence in the pursuit of their academic goals. Presented to one active member OR active alumna annually.
- Excellence in Friendship Award – This award is designed to recognize an active sister that excelled in creating positive relationships with Greek and student organizations on their campus. The selected individual will have demonstrated active involvement in and contributions to its campus and Greek community. This sister has helped their chapter make strides in connecting with the Greek, campus and local communities. Presented to one active member OR active alumna annually.
- Excellence in Sisterhood Award – This award is designed to recognize a sister that has excelled in promoting sisterly bonds and collaboration between members of their chapter and fostering inter-chapter relationships. The selected individual will have demonstrated a commitment to the success of fellow chapter members, fostering of regional and national relationships and support of other chapters’ efforts. Presented to one active member OR active alumna annually.
- Advisor of the Year Award- Delta Xi Phi advisors continue to play a vital role in the success of our chapters nationwide. Whether by assisting with campus relations, helping coordinate campus events, providing leadership or educational presentations, or simply serving as sister advocates, chapter advisors assist chapters in many honorable and extraordinary ways. The Advisor of the Year Award will recognize the individual for their service to and support of Delta Xi Phi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.